Blog Archive

Thursday 12 January 2017

Another useful quality outliner had for me was setting up my camera. I was able to select the camera, and then go to panel-look through selected, in order to place my camera perfectly for my final video render.






Looks very different from the in maya rendered version to the output saved version. Lighting is far less strong. I am using area lights as recommended by the CG arena tutorial online.

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/maya/studiolighting/lighting2.html (Accessed 10/01/2017)


Light shining in camera in render.


Rendered in 1080 HD. Back light: 1 Key Light: .8 Fill Light :.4




Moved a few of the cameras around. The harsh white on the arm to the right is burning out some of the detail.



Rendered again with new settings. Back Light 1 Key Light 5 Fill Light 3

Quite a harsh shadow is set with such a low key light.The lights are also giving away their placement, so either they need to be pulled back or the camera to be moved in. 


Created new issue of an enormous black shadow by moving the key light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment