Blog Archive

Thursday 12 January 2017

Evaluation

Overall, I feel like the outcome of this module has been successful on a whole. I have learned how to use a new program to a substantial enough level to create a 3D character. I found the process of learning particularly difficult at times, as the program not only has a complex interface but has differences throughout each yearly version of the program. Although, I am now able to confidently use the 'space bar' interface', I feel that I would like to learn other 3D animation programs as I have heard maya has the most complex interface and user ease. I will be studying how to incorporate maya files into 'zbrush' to achieve a higher level of detail as a result of this module, as I am very pleased with my final outcome.

The major drawbacks in this project for now are the final rendered turnaround. I had some issues in creating a video for the final piece using the mental ray render- which requires a batch render rather than simply exporting to avi or .mov as with maya's own rendering software. As a result of this, I will be getting some help in exporting this so I can upload a far superior version to my portfolio when applying for internships and jobs. I am aware that mental ray creates each frame as an image during a batch render. I have downloaded adobe after effects to compile this later. In future, I will try to stay of better health to stay on top of my work and have a better schedule.

If I were to do this project again, I would try a different method of modelling, where I would create the entire body first, as I had not attached my arms to the body. While this is not an issue from a aesthetic view alone as the clothes hide this, if I had wanted to import this character to a game with the option of changing clothes, or the character were animated, I may wish to render the body first so I have a clearer idea of how the clothes fall and interact with the body. For example, how the cloth may bunch at a crease such as the armpit.


No comments:

Post a Comment